Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to National Geographic.
- National Geographic pays you or one other beneficiary you name fixed income for life.
- The remaining balance passes to National Geographic when the contract ends at the death of the last beneficiary.
- Beneficiaries must be at least 50 at the time of the gift.
- Our minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for your gift.
- In many cases, increase the yield you are currently receiving from stocks or CDs.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free.
Through a charitable gift annuity with National Geographic, Pat Minnick receives a fixed life income and supports the Society's efforts to inspire people to care about the planet. "The environmental problems we face are vast, but by joining with National Geographic and their history of remarkable accomplishments, I know we can pass on a more beautiful world," says Pat. Read More
Alexander Graham Bell
The Alexander Graham Bell Legacy Society honors donors who have included a planned gift to the National Geographic Society. This special group has chosen to make a lasting impact in the fields of conservation, exploration, research and education around the world. Read More